Saturday, August 22, 2015

Chiltern Way Ultra Aims

I think it was only really today that it's actually sunk in how far this race is. 214km is 132 miles or nearly a marathon further than I've gone before.

If that's the main threat going into the race then there are a few strengths. For a lot of the top half of the race I'll be on "home ground" and map reading shouldn't be a problem. This also means the terrain is what I've been training on.

Training has gone well - last week I ran the fastest marathon distance I've ever done and it was fairly comfortable. I can also draw a lot of strength from my SDW100 run where I didn't really tire until about 85 miles in.

So aims are:

Bronze - complete it. If I can run 214km I'll be happy.

Silver - Win it. With very few entrants and only 1 finisher last year then if I get round this is a reasonable target. Main competition is likely to be David Pryce who won it last year.

Gold - Sub 33 hrs. This would be close to 4 hours inside David's time from last year and would take a performance similar to my SDW100 run to achieve.

Sub aims:

Feed well.
Pace steady.
Look after my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment